Check out my post HERE
Check out my post HERE
Don’t be like one of our recent clients!!
After installing a carbon monoxide detector, it went off immediately that night. The gas company came and read 4 times the allowable limit in the house. That is a significant risk to life. All due to a hole in the furnace heat exchanger. This deadly situation was avoided when we replaced their 25 year old furnace, saving the family from a high probability of carbon monoxide poisoning or even death.
Don’t risk your family’s life.
Call Alexander Heating and Air Conditioning today for a furnace check up. We will inspect your heat exchanger and make sure it is safe for you and your family.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 110,000 times in 2014. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 5 days for that many people to see it.
You wake up in the middle of the night shivering cold. Throwing the blankets aside you rush to the thermostat only to find the set temperature is 70 but your house is now below 60! The
furnace is either not running or blowing cold air.
But before you go call an HVAC company and spend hundreds of dollars for emergency hours fees, how about taking a minute to figure out what might be wrong with the furnace?
Here’s a little article I wrote today about some furnace diagnostics. It may help you know if the HVAC person who comes to your house actually knows what he is doing. this can save you a lot of time and money.
So how many times have I heard this phrase this year. Or “I just have my AC guy top off my air conditioner every year with about a pound of Freon”. Well I have heard that over and over. One homeowner even boasted he was an engineer telling me that it was just a pinhole leak and his power bills have been constant over the last 5 years. That is highly doubtful and even if true does not take into account scientific results of other environmental factors preventing a proven cause-effect relationship. He didn’t want to listen when I explained that leaks get worse over time. So if you are reading this dude, get a grip. If you are a good engineer, then you should know that you need data to back up your obviously emotional claim.
Here is an article that highlights a scientific study by the Trane Corporation that found the root cause for most copper coil leaks: Formic Acid. And yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause, and the leak does get worse over time.
In this article it explains that formic acid is etching the copper coils creating those pinhole leaks and that they continue to grow with time. There is no one solution to these leaks, but rather points to the new industry initiatives to replace copper coils with aluminum coils. Replacing the coil is the only 100% sure fire solution to fix a leak. However it is expensive. And for some people, if there are less costly alternatives, then they want to be presented with them so they can delay the replacement until they can raise the funds.
Some leak seal treatments address this erosion problem without creating a risk to the major motors and valves. However other leak stop products are more of a jell that can coagulate on the motors and valves creating further damage to the system.
Alexander Heating and Air Conditioning only uses products that we trust not to harm your system and may actually protect your investment.
Call us today 919-886-HVAC or visit our web site at http://www.alexhvac.com